Oak and fungi


A well established oak tree sheds a few acorns today (left in photo). You don't see oak trees that often in the Black Forest, so it is a welcome sight seeing one doing well. I retrieve a couple of acorns from the track, maybe I can grow my own oak. Having grown around 100 tomatoes off three small tomato plants anything looks possible now.

The weather is relatively cool and overcast for my Sunday walk and although there are still plenty of wildflowers the insects seem less interested. However there is no shortage of fungi and I note that many of the larger varieties have already been devoured by animals leaving just a stalk.

The fungi that are in pristine shape (namely those shown here) are probably poisonous and of no interest to the wildlife. Still, seeing so many varieties relatively early bodes well for the mushroom season.


 


Comments

Popular Posts