Fungi galore

 

A cold, wet day with touches of early morning frost but the sky is cloudless as I head into the forest in search of fungi and wildlife.

There is no shortage of fungi today, in fact there are numerous varieties everywhere but the forest is silent, no bird calls or signs of animals.

The mass of autumn coloured leaves, grass, moss and other forest debris makes spotting edible fungi a challenge. Shaggy inkcaps are normally common but today I see none.

Spot the fungi in among the leaves, wood chips, grass and pine needles.

There are more varieties of fungi than I have ever seen in this forest and these are just a few of the photos I took today.

These small puffballs are usually edible but these did not look too appetizing. Nor did the ones below as like those above they all had black spots in the centre, which I have not seen before.

Finally the big log is always worth a photo no matter what the season.



Comments

Popular Posts