Kestrel

 

 Through my window I catch a glimpse of a large rust coloured bird as it alights from the roof guttering above the window. It can only be some sort of falcon. When I look out the window, expecting it to have vanished, I see it has stopped on a concrete post not far away. I grab my camera and take some shots through the window. It is very dark due to the poor weather today. Ain't that just typical when such a rare opportunity arises. I risk going outside knowing that by opening the door it will for sure scare it away, but it is still there. I raise my camera and it flies off. Luckily it lands in a tree opposite and stares at me, while I take a stream of photos. I need a fast shutter speed to prevent blur when using the 270mm zoom but 200/sec is still too fast for the light conditions, so only these grainy images resulted. Still, the pine cones do add a touch of interest to the scene.

Comments

Popular Posts