Tit nest (update)

 

I notice the great tits are spending more time in the nest box, so I am curious to know how things have progressed since my last post 12th April (see great tits nest). It's warm, bright and sunny today on the balcony as I sit observing the bird box for any signs of life. After half an hour with no comings or goings I decide it is safe to inspect the box. 

I tap on the box to make sure no ones at home and climb a ladder to gain access to the lid. It's impossible to see inside as the lid does not fully open and hinders my view. The only possibility is to slide my smartphone underneath the lid and hope to capture something. It takes several attempts but finally I get this photo. I am surprised to see the great tit inside and that it has made no attempt to flee. It could well be sitting on eggs so not wishing to disturb it any longer I make do with this photo. It looks pretty cosy anyway.

Link to great tit nest post.

Comments

Popular Posts